Sunday, April 17, 2005

like a balloon gone flat...

i think we've all experienced the deflation of spirituality one way or another. Like sometimes it feels so good and things are going great but we trip somewhere and we're back at the bottom again. Maybe i'm being a little too vague huh? I think for myself there are times when my walk, according to my standards, is going great...i mean i'm engaging God everywhere i go, when i dig and read the Word things actually speak to me. But there are those times when God seems so far away...where i can recite all the little antidotes you want about God and his love and whatever...but if you were to ask me how i felt, man...i'd probably tell you "i know it all in my mind...but ain't got nuttin' in my heart". But i don't think that's not just me huh? I think at times we're all there. We can talk a good game but deep inside we know that surely God can't be real. Surely God doesn't love me...does He know all the things i've done...the things i've thought? And just like that we begin to drift. It's never a sharp pull away from God's presence...it's more of a gradual inching away from "knowing and walking deep" with Him (whatever that means right?)

But hey, let's be honest...we have all felt this way one point in our lives right? But we come to church fridays, wednesdays, sundays...and again we talk a good game and never really be honest with each other. Man it's frustrating isn't it? And this is just with our own personal relationship...not to mention looking at everyone else. But the good news is that God doesn't despise those who are a little messed up...He doesn't ignore those who are hurting...and that's the good news. He doesn't expect us to fix ourselves...especially when we feel like we've hit rock bottom. He just says "come"...all you who are weary and tired "come" and i'll give you rest. It's what so great about the good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i definitelly know what u mean...during those down times, it's so easy to have those pity parties, and the like. but if u can think about it this way, God uses bad for good, for His glory, ie-Joseph. He may use times like "drifting" to remind us that we constantly need to rely on Him, and it should drive closer to Him. yeah the talking and not having it my heart, def. can identify. -janica