Friday, February 25, 2005

seminary says "no alcohol"

it seems like another attempt to create something new, but just like the rest of them i'm running off the ideas of another person. Perhaps this is my resolution to actually start writing down thoughts on a more consistent basis...or perhaps not. I guess we'll find out in a couple of months. I think that's how long it takes right?

food: it was chocolate weekend awhile ago on Food Network and i couldn't pry myself away from the television. i watched and attempted to remember how that one italian lady made fudge. I can never remember her name...she kind of reminds me of natalie portman (i don' t know). anyways, so chocolate watching - fudge - cooking...i decided to try my hand at making tiramisu. I haven't made it yet, but a friend and i are going to try this saturday. I found several recipes for it - one calls for cream cheese and the other calls for mascarpone cheese. I have no idea what mascarpone cheese is and where to get it. I would guess central market? there's also different varieties in which you can make it - a cake or in a cup. I remember la madeline had theirs in a cup a long time ago and it was great. Things i need to get: lady fingers, cheese, and alcohol.

it's weird though, most recipes calls for a little bit of alcohol but i have to buy this bottle. What in the world am i going to do with the rest? it's not like i drink or anything...what's even funnier is that before i moved into this apartment complex, there was a "no alcohol clause" so there's a big guilt factor too. funny stuff.

No comments: